Sage Interior Finishes offers exterior insulation and finish system installation to provide your walls with an insulated, water-resistant, finished surface, that allows for unlimited decorative options.
Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems, EIFS is a non-load bearing, exterior wall cladding system that consists of an insulation board attached either adhesively or mechanically (or both) to the substrate; an integrally reinforced base coat; and a textured protective finish coat.
EIFS typically consists of the following components:
- A water-resistive barrier (WRB) that covers the substrate.
- A drainage plane between the WRB and the insulation board that is most commonly achieved with vertical ribbons of adhesive applied over the WRB.
- Insulation board typically made of expanded polystyrene (EPS) which is secured with an adhesive or mechanically to the substrate.
- Glass-fiber reinforcing mesh embedded in the base coat.
- A water-resistant base coat that is applied on top of the insulation to serve as a weather barrier,
- A finish coat that typically uses colorfast and crack-resistant acrylic co-polymer technology.
EIFS has been validated as the “best performing cladding” in relation to thermal and moisture control when compared to brick, stucco, and cementitious fiberboard siding. In addition, EIFS is in full compliance with modern building codes, which focuses on emphasize energy conservation through the use of continuous insulation and air barrier.
The benefits of EIFS:
- Design Flexibility & Aesthetics
- Moisture Control
- Fire Testing