Non-structural metal stud framing is derived from cold form techniques, which is made from rolling or pressing steel into shapes and sizes that are similar to dimensional lumber at a low temperature (cold working).
At Sage Interior Finishes, we use non-structural metal stud framing, which is made of light gauge cold-formed metal. The term light gauge refers to the relative thinness of each member.
This method serves a variety of benefits:
- Not designed to carry any axial loads.
- Designed to support the dead load of many wall finishes, such as gypsum board.
- Metal framing is straight and will not split or warp, and is resistant to insects, mold and rot.
- Metal framing is non-combustible; it will not burn nor will it contribute to a fire.
- Helps meet fire code assembly requirements more easily and less expensively.
Available in several lengths and widths to accommodate several applications.